Design large communicaton networks, analyse their performance and optimise them with what-if analyses
The QualNet communications simulation platform (QualNet) is a planning, testing and training tool that mimics the behaviour of real wired and wireless communications networks.
Simulation is a cost-effective method for developing, deploying and managing network-centric systems. Users can evaluate the basic behaviour of a network, and test combinations of network features that are likely to work. QualNet provides a comprehensive environment for designing protocols, creating and animating network scenarios, and analysing their performance.
QualNet’s key features:
- Speed - QualNet supports real-time speed to enable software-in-the-loop, network emulation, and human-in-the-loop modelling. Plus QualNet can run at faster speeds enabling model developers and network designers to run multiple what-if analyses by varying model, network, and traffic parameters in a short time.
- Scalability - QualNet can model thousands of nodes by taking advantage of the latest hardware and parallel computing techniques. QualNet can run on cluster, multi-core, and multi-processor systems to model large networks with high fidelity.
- Model Fidelity - QualNet uses highly detailed standards-based implementation of protocol models. It also includes advanced models for the wireless environment to enable more accurate modelling of real-world networks.
- Portability - QualNet and its library of models run on a vast array of platforms, including Windows and Linux operating systems, distributed and cluster parallel architectures, and both 32- and 64-bit computing platforms. Users can develop a protocol model or design a network in QualNet on their Windows computer and then transfer it to a powerful multi-processor Linux server to run capacity, performance, and scalability analyses.
- Extensibility - QualNet can connect to other hardware and software applications, such as OTB, real networks, and third party visualisation software, to greatly enhance the value of the network model.
Partner’s website Scalable Network Technologies